Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby Parker is Born 4/6/12

Wow!  It was finally here...Parker's birthday.  Jon and I couldn't believe it was just one day away.    We decided to celebrate as a family of 2 one last time.  Jon took me on a special date and planted a beautiful Rose of Sharon to symbolize Parker's birth.  Since we were having a c-section, I wasn't allowed to wear any jewelry.  Of course my fingers decided to swell for the first time the day before Parker's birthday.  We stayed up until 3 a.m. trying to pry my wedding ring off.  I was so worried the doctors wouldn't go through with the birth ahh!

Jon and I arrived bright and early (4:30 a.m.) to the hospital.  Both of us were so nervous, we watched 16 Candles to put us at ease.  Jon made sure to wear a Texas Tech shirt to greet his daughter! 


 One proud Daddy...Did I mention he got in trouble for not tying his mask all the way?? Parker was born at 8:10 a.m.  She weighed 7lbs and measured 18 1/4 inches!


 Beanie and Bevo! Parker's legs stuck straight up for hours before they finally went down.  She was a stubborn, breeched baby!

 Parker's leg looked a little uncomfortable!  No wonder she was ready to come out.
 This is one happy Grandma!

Jon's family made the trek from Houston, and they couldn't wait to meet Parker!



Her sweet little foot


This is one tired Daddy!
We are a little, happy family!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Hayley! So glad you started a blog. I will love getting to see pictures of your sweet girl and what you are up to. Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete